Preparing your income tax return can sometimes leave you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the U.S. General Accounting Office last year, more than three out of four people say they believe they have benefitted from using a professional tax preparer.
Whether we like it or not, today's tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even a computer software program is no substitute for the assistance of a qualified and experienced tax professional.
Here's what you get with Compu-Tax & Accounting:
- Your tax return is checked and rechecked by our computer software and reviewed by our staff to identify potential problems that might get your return flagged by the IRS. We also look more closely at all mathematical calculations to limit IRS contacts.
- If you wish, your tax return is filed electronically, ensuring that you receive a potential refund more quickly. We can also send in your return by mail.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. That means your company is not giving the IRS an interest-free loan for up to 16 months.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your future tax liability and provide you with a list of commonly overlooked deductions.
- Our team will help you plan for next year’s taxes to reduce the possibility of a tax surprise.